This one is from last year. It was the second time I've had done any sort of scrapping, it was tedious and took forever, as I did not have the proper tool. So this year I will be heading to Home Depot to find a lenolium cutter. We've been carving pumpkins for the past seven years or so. It all started when my sister and I found a site called "Keith's Pumpkin Portraits" and were astounded at the pumpkins he had carved. And as luck had it, he had a few patterns on his site as well. Luckily the patterns were of the entire cast of The Wizard of Oz, one of my favorite movies :D that was it, I was hooked! and now look forward to Halloween every year.
The patterns are relatively easy to do bit take a fair bit of time and LOTS and LOTS of patience. You can't rush them, as I have tried in the past and something always seems to break. It's important to do a lot of scrapping inside the pumpkin before beginning. If the pumpkin walls is too thick, it makes it incredibly difficult to poke the pattern as well as to cut the pieces out. Don't be discouraged if your pumpkin looks like absolutely nothing while carving, the magic begins when you light it up and finally all those pieces you've been slaving over, come apparent.
Abraham Lincoln:
No comments:
Post a Comment